"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ode to a Stay-at-Home-Mommy...

Gene is snoring, Kaylee’s coughing, Bryson’s kicking…it’s only five,

I lie here in my bed, not sleeping, but thankful for this blessed life.

Alarm sings out for Gene to wake, he turns it off for a few more winks,

“Just a few minutes more,” he’s thinking, but it’s more like 30, that’s what I think.

Now, he’s up and getting ready, trying to quietly start his day,

Here I am, I’m still not sleeping…what a better time to pray.

I pray that Gene will have safe travels from county to county as he’s out on the road,

I pray that Kaylee gets a little more sleep, though she’s sick, and that’s a difficult load.

It’s not that we have any plans for our day, just playing and hanging around,

But Kaylee with more sleep is better than less sleep, a cold will get anyone down.

The heater is humming its song through the vents, and my bed is all cozy and warm,

The neighboring animals outside my window are singing their morning alarm.

It’s almost seven, and I could be sleeping, but it’s just a matter of time,

That I would be staring down the alarm clock, knowing it’s not going to chime.

I may as well get a start to my day, have some coffee and morning TV,

I’ll check my email and look at my Facebook before Kaylee starts calling for me.

“Mommy, I need clothes!” are the words I will hear, as she’s making her big girl bed,

She’ll have that sweet “good morning” smile and a rat’s nest upon her sweet head.

I’ll get her breakfast, her pick it will be, sit her down at the table to eat,

Oh, the day of this stay-at-home-mommy’s just starting, and this life it is ever-so-sweet!

Love and blessings,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment