"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, May 25, 2012

He is with me...

Psalm 23:1-6  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

So, here I sit, alone with my thoughts. This situation can lead to good or bad, but I'm going to trust that the feelings I have are for a reason. As of six this morning, it was just Bryson and myself here at home. Kaylee left for the beach, and Gene left for Big Spring. I am never a fan of being alone. I have feared it my entire life. I'm the face of bravery on any ordinary day, but when my family is on either side of the State of Texas, doors get locked! Noises become more noticable, dark becomes darker, and my imagination goes into overdrive. Voices on the phone bring temporary comfort, but eventually, you have to say goodbye, and there you sit - alone, again. This is how I have been feeling this evening, and since I have three more days before my loved ones return home, I decided that I needed to find a better way to deal with my loneliness! I began to think of what bible verse would best lead me along the right path, and I stumbled upon one of the most recognizable verses that fit the situation perfectly - Psalm 23:1-6. I immediately felt ridiculous for even thinking that I am alone. He is with me....always. The devil may lurk in the dark corners, but the Lord will make sure I am never in complete darkness, fore he is my light.

I will need God's light to get me through the next few days. There is more darkness looming in the coming days than that which comes from being lonely. May 27th...it's a day that I don't think will ever be the same for me. It is the day our sweet baby was due to come into this world, and if she'd been born on that day, she would be turning one this year. Perhaps, this is why God led me to stay home this weekend with my baby boy. Perhaps, Bryson is my light that leads me from the darkness of my loss. I pray that May 27th comes and goes, without tears this time. I can hold tight to my baby boy and have faith that I will meet my sweet angel someday in the future.

Dear Lord,
I pray to you in hopes that you can bring me through the darkness.
I pray that you watch over my loved ones, and bring them home safely.
I pray that you continue to give me the strength, knowledge and understanding it takes to be a good mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend.
Thank you for your blessings you have bestowed upon me and my loved ones.
Thank you for giving me only what I can handle - even when I don't think I can.
Thank you for the challenges you make me face because they make me a better person.
Thank you for being with me always!
Amen

All things are possible, and I am never alone. He is with me...

Love and blessings,
Jessie

1 comment:

  1. Jesse this beautiful post made me cry! Thank you what a great reminder. I am not sure how anyone survives the loss of a baby. You are very brave in my oppinion!

    ReplyDelete