"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, October 20, 2011

16 Weeks!

Today, we had our 16 week appointment to listen to the baby's heartbeat, again! This time, Kaylee was along for the ride, and I was very much looking forward to seeing her reaction. A month ago, when I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, Dr. Cornett really had to get in there to find this little one. Today, she barely touched the doppler to my belly and that little heart was beating away at 160 bpm! Kaylee thinks it sounds like the wind blowing, so now, everytime she hears the wind, she says, "That sounds like my baby's heart!" When asked what she thought about the whole situation, her reply was, "It's really loud, and it's nice, too!"

Kaylee is still very concerned about this baby going away like our last baby. She even told Dr. Cornett that she really hoped her baby was still okay. I think this stems from the fact that I have been sick with a stomach virus for the past two days - one that I got from taking care of Kaylee when she had it Sunday and Monday. I think, or at least I hope, that next month when she gets to "see" the baby again, that her mind will be put a little more at ease, and that she will be able to really envision her baby arriving in the next four months!

So, for all of you awaiting that big gender announcement, you better hope that November 15th is the magic day that this little one decides to do that perfect "pose" and let's us know if he is a he or she is a she! We will be blessed either way! Until then, I will work on getting my health back in order, feeling this little one wriggle around in there (yes, it started last week!!!), and looking forward to seeing "pictures" of my little sweet baby in less than a month!!!

Love and Blessings,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment