"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, November 4, 2011

18 Weeks!

Here we are at 18 weeks! I can't believe this pregnancy is almost halfway through! Time seems to be flying by so quickly. According to babycenter.com, our baby is roughly 5 1/2 inches long and about 7 ounces. I know that sounds tiny, but when this little one gets to moving, it feels like he/she is doing acrobatics in there! There's still a split decision among friends and family on whether we have a girl or a boy in there. Going on my personal experience, I would guess a boy, if I had to guess, but that's only because things are so different this time around. I know that's not a reliable explanation, though. The countdown is on for us to find out, and after today, it will be only 10 days until we know what this little person growing inside me is!

This past week has been a bit stressful for me - although, I've been doing my best not to let it show. I began having Braxton Hicks contractions while at the Aggie football game last Saturday. I did my best to brush it off - blaming it on too much walking and not enough water. Sunday came and went, and I felt just fine. On Monday, out of nowhere, I had some more contractions. They weren't really painful - at least I don't think they were. I have a fairly high pain tolerance. That was the last of them, but it was enough to scare me into a state of "little activity as possible." I even took up hand embroidery to make myself sit still most of the days! (I may have developed a serious addiction in this!) I will be glad when the next 10 days are over, and the doctor can tell me that the baby is safe, healthy and perfectly fine!

I have a plan to start walking in the evenings, and Gene has said he wants to come along. (He may have gained a pregnancy pound or two in the last few months!) I know it will be good for me and great for an easier labor down the road. I have a pretty good handle on my weight, right now, but that's not to say I won't blow up next week! I am still struggling not to concentrate on the number on the scale, but seeing it pretty much unchanged for the last couple weeks has eased my mind. The holidays are around the corner, though, and I have a feeling I may gain a turkey breast and a slice of pecan pie...or three! I don't think I've ever looked forward to Thanksgiving dinner so much before! I've been fighting the urge to start baking already - even though it's one of my absolute FAVORITE past times!

Well, that's about all I have to update for now. With the holidays coming up, my posts will probably become more plentiful and hopefully, full of exciting information! I hope each and every one of you are enjoying this month of thanksgiving, and I will be in touch soon with more on our little life!

Love and blessings,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment